November 13, 2008

Open for Business

I have always been one of those people that others feel they can confide in. I know way more than I should about people who are practically strangers. Some people take it upon themselves to share every detail of their life. I especially love it when people share things that should be kept private.

My personal favorite is when someone tells me about their trip to the gyno. What are you suppose to say to that? Glad everything is functioning properly?!? Really this should not be shared during lunch at Olive Garden.

Or how about when someone says they love Sunday *nuzzling*. Yeah thanks for that information, I wont be coming to VT on that day. I don't need to know that you are in the "mood" or what you do to please your man. These things are only appropriate if we are at the husbands and wives store, because when I am picking out new scriptures I want to that bonding experience.

What do I do when these things are brought up. Do I just smile and nod, or take mental notes to try that in the future?

P.S. Does this only happen to me, or do others get helpful "tips" as well?


*thanks to TAMN for coming up with this way to describe lying in the biblical sense. ;)

5 comments:

reagan: said...

ummm...I just take a pass along card of a list of STD's and risks associated with having sex. Call me a Debbie Downer.

Kalli Ko said...

you take mental notes steph, der

Kaakun said...

pass em my way...

I'll fix both problems.

Unknown said...

Ha Ha I think it's hilarious! But trust me you are not the only one. Sometimes I literally have to tell myself not to let my eyes widen when certain things are said. But honestly I'd rather have some stranger telling me some things than have of my brothers tell me a little too much information that I need not hear. I usually just kind of do the smile and nod thing but I have informed some people that they are sharing more information than I'd ever care to know let alone hear(I visualize things to easily! gag me!)!!!

Jenna Kae said...

this happens to me a lot. i usually just smile and nod...