I have been wanting to go camping for a few weeks now. I am not really sure where this desire came from. Generally I am not big into bugs, dirt, and no showers. I don't want to do the trailer thing. I want to have tents and sleeping bags. I am craving s'mores and fire roasted hot dogs weird I know. Can you see me around the camp fire singing kumbaya? (It's a funny thought)
I keep running into one problem. I can't find anyone who is available to go with me. Sad I know. I think part of the problem is that people are afraid. Afraid that I will want to leave after about oh say an hour. Afraid that I will get bored and they will have to entertain me, and afraid that I will get cold. I don't really blame them since that is true most of the time. Once I get cold, I am miserable. Me being miserable = everyone around me being miserable.
Friends and anyone else who wants to come, I make these promises:
- To bring 2 books and a craft. When I get bored of the first book I will have a backup and when I get bored of the back up I will have a craft.
- I have some awesome wool socks, I will make sure that they are packed. I may have to take a few days to find them since generally they are not June attire.
- I will brush up on my dutch oven skillz. Right now my skillz consist of peach cobbler and chicken parmesan. You will be full and happy as long as you like your food a little on the blackened side!
- If my dutch oven cooking fails I will bring pop tarts.
- I will go ahead and book a room at the Marriot right now, since we all know that is where we will end up.