October 9, 2007

Little Lessons

Today I was having a little bit of a hard time. I began to wonder why the Lord had forgotten about me. yeah leave it to Satan to kick me while I am down. I know deep down that he didn't, although at times it seems that the blessing never come. I know with out a doubt that he knows and loves me. I also know that the things I want to happen will happen in his time and his time is perfect. I also know that for everything there is a purpose and the trials I am currently experiencing are for my benefit.

Even with this knowledge it I still felt the need to wallow in self-pity. I have this roommate and she and I were talking somehow some of the things I have been struggling with came up. I expressed my concern that the Lord had forgotten about me, she made a comment that stuck with me. She reminded me that if we don't forget the Lord in our trials he will not forget us. So profound and yet so simple.

I have made a new resolve to try a little harder to be a little better, at least that is what President Hinckley would say. Really I donut know I think I know what President Hinckley would say.

P.S. I know that some of my post this one included are a little down. I promise I will be ok, as soon as these trials past I will be better than ever!

2 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

I'll be your cheerleader.

GO STEPH!!

YAY YAY YAY!!!

reagan: said...

Steph, I friggin love you! Much love!