May 13, 2009

I'll take it as a hint

On MSN today I ran across this article. Basically it says that at an office building in California, an employee attempted to clean a fridge out that had rotting food in it. She put the food in a conference room, while she cleaned the fridge. The rotting food created a smell so toxic that it sent 7 people to the hospital, and 28 other people were treated for nausea and vomiting. Luckily, the brave lady who started this whole process was not affected because of her allergies.

This struck home because there is a fridge by my desk. This is one of those mini fridges and is used by 4 people. We have created what we lovingly refer to as "The Kashi Compost". Every day we are "going" to clean it out. (see exhibit A)
(exhibit A)
Today we are definitely going to clean cleaned it, (see exhibit B) I don't think workers comp covers inhaling toxic rotten food fumes. I could be wrong but I don't really want to take a chance.
(exhibit B)

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I missed that article. That's insane!

Terralee said...

That's a little scary! Good for you -you little dare devil! Risking your health for the sake of those around you, how thoughtful you are! Fridges can be a scary thing though!

Terralee said...

By the way I miss you - we need to hang out sometime! Maybe Evelyn and I shall come up for lunch next week!

reagan: said...

ummm...gross steph, how could you have gotten that Kashi Compost pile so high? totally all your fault. not mine...never. ; )
and the smell almost killed me yesterday

Miriam said...

Glad you survived the cleaning...I have to say we let our dishes get a little out of control last week and it was bad on so many levels not to mention smell when we got to the bottom of the sink of dishes.