February 14, 2008

Oh Grandma,

Dearest Grandma,
For as long as I can remember you have been "my" grandma, even though I shared you with 13 others, for some reason when I was with you I felt like the only grandchild in your world. On this Valentine's Day, a holiday that you loved so much, you have been taken home to be reunited with loved ones who have passed before. For those of us left behind it leaves a little hole in our hearts.

I can't help but think of all the good times we had. The people watching at the mall, how you would help me cut cherries out of pie crust to go on top of the pies we baked, how you would let us play store with all your food storage, play dress-up in your jewelery, and raid your cupboards for candy. You loved to shop, and go out to eat. The thing you wanted most in your life was for your family to be happy and love each other. You loved the Lord and his gospel and always made sure that we kept him as a part of our lives. You were accepting of all and loved by many.

I will always remember every time that I called and spoke to you, you made sure that I knew you loved me and that you were proud of me. I will appreciate that forever because sometimes that was exactly what I needed to hear. I love you Grandma, and I will miss you greatly.

God Speed,
Snooter
(I never understood why or how I got that nickname from you, but it lasted for 25 years)

4 comments:

reagan: said...

Sweetie, I am so sorry. that is so tough. I am here if you need me!

Kalli Ko said...

Oh Steph!!

sad!!

love you!

Erin said...

Oh, dear Steph. I am also so sorry...

Unknown said...

I love you! Your in my prayers!