September 10, 2007

Shake your groove thing!



While I was in San Francisco this last July, we decided to go Salsa Dancing. Let me just say that this was a disasterous experience. The club was called Cocomo and I would not recommend it. It was full of OLD and GROSS men. This was my first time salsa dancing, and let me just clairify that I am as white as they come. So all these old, gross men would ask me to dance thinking that they could be the hero that could teach me. Umm wrong!!! It was disasterous and I felt yucky afterwards, so needless to say I did not have fond memories of salsa dancing until this last weekend.

On Saturday night my friend suggested that we go dancing. I immediatly said no, I did not feel the need to be touch inappropriatly or made to feel dumb again. Who could blame me, right? Well finally I conceded and we went so we all got in the car and made our way to Studio 600 in Salt lake. The first guy that danced with me told me that I was horrible. Yeah that was fun. What did he know anyways its not like he was a professional. Anyways after that I only danced with my friends and they were very nice and taught me. Even going so far as to say that I dance "muy linda". It was a pleasant experience with lots of fun, I now have great memories of Salsa dancing.

I have come to the conclusion that it can be a lot of fun, you just have to give it a fair chance! I will be going again possibly next Saturday.

No comments: