September 15, 2007

Why I love Saturdays

So today is a a blessed day, it is Saturday. I look forward to the weekend all week. I wake up on Monday morning and tell myself that I only have 5 more days until Saturday.

Now this may sound like I don't like my job, which is not true at all. In fact I love my job. I could not have asked for a better boss or co-workers. It really is a great place to work. If I didn't have my job, then I would not fully appreciate the weekend.

The reason I love Saturday's is because there is no pressure to do anything. I make it a point to sleep in every Saturday morning. I stay up late on Friday night just to make sure that I will be able to sleep in, even if I am falling asleep on the couch I will not go to bed, it's the priciple of the thing. Silly I know.

I also make it a point to cook a nice breakfast. I love breakfast foods, and I don't get to enjoy them as often as I would like. I don't think grabbing a granola bar as I rush out the door really counts as eating a good breakfast. But lets be honest during the week I don't want to get up early enough to have time to make a good breakfast.

Saturday is a perfect day for getting a pedicure, going out to lunch with friends, watching a matinee. Or this is probably one of my favorites, walking around the mall. I usually say "I am just going to window shop". We all know how well that works or rather doesnt work as I come home with a couple of new treasures that were such a good deal, I couldn't resist.

One of the best things about Saturdays is that you can relax into the night knowing that tomorrow you have a glorious day of rest ahead of you. I think that Sundays are my second favorite day, but that is a topic for another day.

1 comment:

Kalli Ko said...

S A TUR DAY!! hEY HEY!!

I LOVE SATURDAY!!